[ic] What about integration with accounting software....

Thu Jun 6 09:58:01 2002

Quoting Ubi (ubi@srd.it):

>  I would save orders into a database (there are instructions in the docs
> about this) and then use the database for further, custom work.
>
>  This is not exactly real interfacing, yet accounting is such a messy
> matter and so much SW-dependant and involves so many problems that I
> do not think it is an easy thing to do in some other way.

We have done some work with QuickBooks. The Interchange QuickBooks
extension is in use and has processed thousands of orders.

In addition, Daniel Thompson and I are working on a SQL-Ledger
extension. It is early days yet, but I am hoping to come up
with a general-purpose way to map and transmit orders without
to much trouble, somewhat like the Vend::Payment modules which
implement different payment gateways.

--
Mike Heins
Perusion -- Expert Interchange Consulting

Friends don't let friends use Outlook. -- Bob Blaylock