[ic] More form problems (much shorter e-mail this time)!

Julia Jacobs interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Jun 6 13:58:01 2002

First,
I'd like to thank Ton Verhagen and Kevin Walsh for their time and support on
my various form problems.  Without them I would not have gotten as far as I
have.  Also I'll keep this post short and sweet.  If I do not post enough
info to solve the problem, let me know. . . .

My form has a check box to remove their chosen products, which zeros out the
quantity of the displayed product description to ZERO by acting as a submit
button when pressed.

<INPUT TYPE=checkbox NAME="[quantity-name]"
onClick="this.form.action='[process-target]', this.form.submit()" VALUE=0>

The problem is my form also has a profile called formcheck which checks the
required text input fields:

<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_form_profile VALUE="formcheck">

[set formcheck]
          &fail=@@MV_PAGE@@
          fname=required Sorry, we need your first name!
          lname=required Sorry, we need your last name!
          [if scratch dealer]company=required Sorry, we need your company
name![/if]
          address1=required Sorry, we need your address!
          city=required Sorry, we need your company name!
          state=required Sorry, we need your State/Province!
          email=required Sorry, we need your email address!
          contact=required Sorry, we need to know how you would like to be
contacted!
          phone_day=required Sorry, we need your phone number!
[/set]

So when anyone tries click that "Remove" check box, they get their item
listed twice and lots of red text next to their text input fields telling
them they need to fill these fields out.  I have hunted through google for
some good JavaScript properties, methods or event handlers for a clue.  I
tried changing this.form.submit()" to this.form.reset()" but that wasn't
very helpful as it just made the checkbox useless.  Anyone have any
suggestions?
Other wise my form is as good as gold!
A Happy Interchange Camper,
--