[ic] Problem with Options

Brent Kelly interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sat Jun 8 20:09:00 2002

Hi Josef,

I have been just working with a similar setup where the store sells clothing.
Each item of clothing required both version and size options.

To do this I used matrix options, separate widgets.  Under the options section
for a product i created a version option specifying (for this particular
product) 3 versions: green, grey or red, and a size option specifying 4
options XL, L, M, S.

After that was set up if you click 'generate all options' it generates 12
variations of the initial product, and assigns them an individual sku. These
were of the form:

e.g. 00808-Green-XL, 00808-Grey-S

When the items have been added to the cart, the sku of each item in the cart
(retrieved through [item-code]) was the code assigned to the options
according to the product sku & the combination of options selected for that
product. (e.g. if you selected product sku 00808 and then chose version Grey
and size L then the [item-code] of the item in the cart was 00808-Grey-L).
Also, i think by default the price that is used, is the price that has been
assigned to the sku for that combination of options.

So in summary, if you are wanting size and material options for each product,
i suggest you follow the same process as outlined above. After you have
generated the material and size options for you product, choose 'generate all
options' and that should generate (number of material option choices * number
of size option choices) options, each with an sku along the template of

I hope this makes sense and is the information you are after. If not, or if
you have any further questions on the area feel free to ask & i'll do by best
to answer them :).

Brent Kelly,
Zeald Ltd.