[ic] Question from newbie

Jonathan Clark interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sun Jun 23 07:03:00 2002

> >>I might be wrong and don't want to sound unfriendly, but it sounds
> >>like you are over your head and really ought to hire one of the
> >>developers on the list.
>
> I have been doing this long enough to know how to follow directions which I
> followed to the letter. The install program at the end indicated that I was
> finished and should be able to locate the store
> at "http://www.mydomain.com/foundation" or
> "http://www.mydomain.com/cgi-bin/foundation"
>
> I just felt like there was some "cgi-bin" issues specific to the raq3 that I
> may not understand. I have installed numerous programs on all my raqs via
> telnet, just never had any luck with any cgi scripts.

If you can't even get "http://www.mydomain.com/foundation" then you have answered incorrectly to the question:

  DocumentRoot? [/var/www/html]

This is nothing to do with your cgi-bin. If you have never had any luck with installing any cgi-bin scripts then imho you need to
learn a bit about this before installing Interchange, or getting ic training.

> I would be willing to pay for that education but not pay someone to do the
> whole thing, then what knowledge have I gained.

If you have never had any luck with installing _any_ cgi-bin scripts then imho you need to learn a bit about this before installing
Interchange, or getting ic training. If you want training then you may find someone by requesting on this list, indicating in that
email where in the world you are.

Jonathan
Webmaint.