[ic] profiles.order

Dan Browning interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sat Jun 29 18:54:01 2002

At 06:31 PM 6/29/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>On Sat, 29 Jun 2002, Steve Graham wrote:
>
>SG>>We like to ship to Alaska, & Hawaii via Priority mail, but I haven't
>SG>>implemented this yet (really don't want to offer priority mail unless
>it is
>SG>>AK, or HI) US Mail can be a hassle.
>
>Oh! Oh! Now you've done it! You've gotten me going!
>
>We use stamps.com for our postage for USPS. They are great!
>
>You have to haul your packages to the post office, or else pay them around
>$12.00 per day to come and pick them up.
>
>(the PO is in the same shopping center that I am and about 5 doors away from
>me. The branch manager refuses to pick up from me without my paying $12.00 a
>day. My carrier now does pretty good. In a dialog with this woman:
>"I am spending over $1,000 a month in postage. Aren't you interested in that
>for your office?"
>"Nope! If you want a pick up, you are going to have to pay for it!"
>"The post office is losing money and going down the tubes and you are
>wondering why!"
>[She pushed me out the door!]
>
>She insists that we stand in line for up to 45 minutes to mail our packages.
>The clerks on the front line feel differently and as long as she is not
>watching we can simply hand them over the counter and not wait (the fees are
>already paid!)
>

>They have no tracking information on the packages. They have delivery
>confirmation, and they will be quick to tell you that that is all that it is
>- confirmation that it was delivered. If you don't pass the package over the
>counter - even with the correct postage on it - it doesn't get scanned in to
>the system. So, no confirmation that the package was actually mailed.
>
>If they actually scan that bar code along the path, it is not recorded
>anywheres - especially where the customer can see it.
>
>To ship stuff from coast to coast, Priority Mail is great. The post office
>continues to refuse to realize that they have any competition, and they act
>that way.
>

>-= Jim =-

Well, they've upgraded from horse and carriage to combustion engines for
their mail carriers, so as far as government agencies go, they're moving
pretty fast.  Congress, on the other hand, moves even faster, except in the
wrong direction.  ;-)

| Dan Browning, Kavod Technologies <db@kavod.com>
Slowly and surely the unix crept up on the Nintendo user ...