[ic] Mac OSX viable as a development platform?

Chris Devers interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Mar 4 21:17:01 2002

On Mon, 4 Mar 2002, Robert Brandtjen wrote:

> On Monday 04 March 2002 04:07 pm, you wrote:
>
> > FWIW, Interchange is the *only* program I've seen throw a segfault
> > error on OSX. I've seen lots of crashes, to be sure, but nothing
> > quite this Unixy had cropped up before now, and the lack of more
> > verbose debug output has been very frustrating..
>
> http://interchangeville.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=6

Err, yeah, I had that forum open in another window as I was writing the
last message. If you actually read it, it starts out with one guy saying
he had installed successfully on his Mac, others say "cool", then everyone
talks about what city they live in. First post 24 Dec, last post 30 Dec.
Not exactly useful information or a vibrant discussion. No other threads
on that site returned hits on Mac, OSX, or any other variations.

I also looked over the archives for this group, like I mentioned in my
last message, and couldn't find anything more substantial than someone
saying "yes I installed Interchange on OSX."

Of those that have managed to do this, can anyone give me any tips on what
you might have done to get it running? Did it involve any trickery, or did
it Just Work? Is something else I installed messing it up? Is something
I'm running (e.g. the Apple developer's tools kit, which has a lot of the
BSD tools) out of date?

I would appreciate any discussion re: Interchange on OSX, onlist or off-.
I just need to get past the segfaults I'm hitting and, presumably, I
should be back to the same level as other platforms...

--
Chris Devers                           chdevers@netscape.net
Apache / mod_perl / http://homepage.mac.com/chdevers/resume/