[ic] Mac OSX viable as a development platform?

Ron Phipps interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Mar 4 21:43:01 2002

[mailto:interchange-

> On Mon, 4 Mar 2002, Robert Brandtjen wrote:
>
> > On Monday 04 March 2002 04:07 pm, you wrote:
> >
> > > FWIW, Interchange is the *only* program I've seen throw a segfault
> > > error on OSX. I've seen lots of crashes, to be sure, but nothing
> > > quite this Unixy had cropped up before now, and the lack of more
> > > verbose debug output has been very frustrating..
> >
> > http://interchangeville.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=6
>
> Err, yeah, I had that forum open in another window as I was writing
the
> last message. If you actually read it, it starts out with one guy
saying
> he had installed successfully on his Mac, others say "cool", then
everyone
> talks about what city they live in. First post 24 Dec, last post 30
Dec.
> Not exactly useful information or a vibrant discussion. No other
threads
> on that site returned hits on Mac, OSX, or any other variations.
>
> I also looked over the archives for this group, like I mentioned in my
> last message, and couldn't find anything more substantial than someone
> saying "yes I installed Interchange on OSX."
>
> Of those that have managed to do this, can anyone give me any tips on
what
> you might have done to get it running? Did it involve any trickery, or
did
> it Just Work? Is something else I installed messing it up? Is
something
> I'm running (e.g. the Apple developer's tools kit, which has a lot of
the
> BSD tools) out of date?

I have not tried to get IC working on OSX but there was discussion
before about segfaults on BSD using the latest IC.  I thing a change to
bin/interchange caused the segfault to no longer happen.  You should
search for segfault and bsd on the IC list to see where that takes
you...  might be a similar situation.

Good luck,
-Ron