[ic] Running IC on a separate server than the web server

Rene Hertell interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed Mar 6 16:01:01 2002

> is standalone for now). Exactly as stated ... the socket is on the
> webserver and IC listens over TCP/IP. Make sure you use tlink and not
> vlink. Works fine.
>
>   -- Loy

Hi Loy,

Is the IC-server installed and run by the sysadmin? I do not want to let my
ISP to run the server (I want to control the ic-server), because then I
can't do the required updates or upgrades by my self..

And what about performance? Have you compared the performance between a
normal IC implementation and the one that runs on a separate server? I mean,
that if the local LAN has for some reason heavy traffic, then that slows
down the site..

Rene