[ic] Running IC on a separate server than the web server

Loy Ellen Gross interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed Mar 6 14:36:01 2002

On Wed, 6 Mar 2002, Rene Hertell wrote:

> > Is there a reason why you don't run IC on a different server than the DB
> > server?  That is how I did my test IC install and it worked just fine.
> > The IC and web server (roxen in my case) were on one machine and the DB
> > on another.
>
> My ISP simply decided that the web server should be alone without
> any other stuff... This is anyway a bit strange, and therefore I
> have to convince him that IC should live on the same as apache...
>
> Racke just pointed me out that I could use "tlink" over TCP/IP, So
> I've have to investigate that alternative "just in case"..

We are using that option for security reasons (the IC machine has
exactly two logins whereas the webserver is shared) and load balancing
reasons (the webserver is mirrored ad nauseum whereas the IC machine
is standalone for now). Exactly as stated ... the socket is on the
webserver and IC listens over TCP/IP. Make sure you use tlink and not
vlink. Works fine.

  -- Loy

--
Loy Ellen Gross :: Specialty Web Products WNY :: BiznessOnline.com
  <lgross@thebiz.net> :: home office 585.343.0424 :: cell 585.330.9005