[ic] Problems with installation.

Ron Phipps interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed Mar 6 21:24:00 2002

> From: interchange-users-admin@interchange.redhat.com
[mailto:interchange-
> users-admin@interchange.redhat.com] On Behalf Of Samuel A. Rogers
>

> I need some help with my IC installation, which I have been strugling
> with for over a week and a half now. I don't usually like to ask for
> help so bare with me.
>
> My first mistake was not realizing that IC does like the catalog to be
> on a NFS mounted directory. Why I'm not sure, but that took me acouple
> of days to get that one worked out. But in the process I started
trying
> different things.
>
> I wanted the catalog to go in the home directory of the store which
> would have been /home/samscards, but I NFS automounted it so I put it
in
> /web/samscards and called it catalog i.e. /web/samscards/catalog .
<-- SNIP -->

This is should not be the case with IC.  The only time you should need
to do an NFS mounted catalog is when you are trying to do load balancing
and need files to be shared across servers.  You actually are probably
complicating manners by using an NFS mounted area for storing the
catalogs.  We use the default tar ball install and all of our catalogs
are installed into the user's home directory on a non nfs mounted
partition.

Take it easy,
-Ron