[ic] Problems with installation.

Samuel A. Rogers interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Mar 7 00:01:01 2002

Well lets just say that after 23 years of managing systems I have my
reasons as to why I wanted to use an NFS mounted catalog, and still do.
But that's not what I was writing about. I mention it because I was try
to give an example of the type of problems I was having due to
non-effective documentation and user admin unfriendlyness of IC. There
is alot to like about IC and I think it is going in the right direction.
But in the area of installation, configuration and managiblity it needs
a lot of improvement. For the $180-90 dollars I paid for the
professional version (mainly for this functionality) and I am not a
happy camper right now.

I think IC more then meet my needs once all these bugs are worked out.
In fact if it works the way the demo looks I will be very pleased. Like
of was saying I need to get this up a.s.a.p. and I didn't expect to run
into this many problems in getting it to work.

Right now I would like to jsut get this path direction problem solved.
I'm sure there will be other problems, as I see a lot of questions about
mail and CC payment problems. And I haven't tried to test place an order
yet.

Regards,

	Sam