[ic] setting up interchange at home

catchersgearonly interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri Mar 8 21:30:02 2002

I want to set up interchange at home on my pc. I have a pentium 3 1 gig with
256mb of ram running windows xp. I also have a domain name registered with a
hosting company which I plan on getting rid of, I would like to use the same
domain name on my own pc, "at least someday if I start advertising". What do
I need from here as far as ip addresses, server software,web server software
preferrably the free stuff.(apache,linux,etc.)

This would be set up for testing purposes and possibly someday be advertised
as a online store.  I also currently have at&t at home cable modem service,
and I don't believe they allow you to host your own server.

Would dsl work, I believe they would give me 2 ip adrresses at sign up.

Thanks
Kevin