[ic] Netscape drops cart and YES I've checked the FAQ

Bill Carr interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri Mar 15 15:20:01 2002

Thank you everyone for your comments. Lets look at this:
> > In bin/interchange line 1809 there is this:
> > $Vend::Cfg->{VendURL}   =~ s!$real!$CGI::script_name!;
> > $Vend::Cfg->{SecureURL} =~ s!$real!$CGI::script_name!;

What are they for? If they were gone, I think my life would be easier.

Here is the story I want to tell:
A lazy visitor comes to my site by typing deansbeans.com in their
browser. Then they click on a link, add an item to the cart or whatever
and they are follwing a link or form action to
http://www.deansbeans.com/ic/<whatever>. Two (or three) dots, cookies
are set. Netscape is happy. Cart does not drop. Sale is made.

Background:
catalog_before.cfg: Variable CGI_URL /ic (I need FullURL).
httpd.conf: DirectoryIndex /ic/index.html

Sorry for beating this into the ground but I have been wondering about
those lines for awhile and I can not figure them out.
> > BTW, I realize that I could do some sort of bounce (on the IC page) or
> > rewrite with my browser
                    ^^^^ Should be web server

--
Bill Carr