[ic] Netscape drops cart and YES I've checked the FAQ

Samuel A. Rogers interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri Mar 15 19:49:52 2002

Bill,

I think CFM is very close to the answer for you. If I understand the
other replies, to make cookies work you need to have to use the full
domain name, i.e. www.deansbeans.com. I think I know what you want to do
and correct me if I'm wrong here, but you want to tell people or just
have them go to deansbeans.com and not have to say the full
www.deansbeans.com. I can understand that as saying www all the time is
a headache.

I think the solution to this problem is a DNS one. But, first in IC and
apache (if that's what your using) I believe you'll need to say
www.deansbeans.com. Then go to either your ISP or your domainname
registar (I use register.com because I can edit my own domainname
through a web interface) and have them set up the domainname of
deansbeans.com to point (be an alias) to www.deansbeans.com. Someone
typeing in deansbeans.com should translate it into www.deansbeans.com.
Everyone one should be happy.

Now I'm rusty with my DNS, but if should point you in the right
direction and I think this will solve your problem.

I am not sure that if you orginally installed and configured the IC Web
domain to be deansbeans.com, that you'll have to reinstall. You might
need to go into one of the parameter tables through the admin interface
and change one or more of the path varibles from deansbeans.com to
www.deansbeans.com. However, I am new to IC and how to change that part
I will defer to the expert IC users.

Regards,

	SAR.