[ic] Scalable

Fri Mar 15 19:54:00 2002

At 04:46 PM 3/15/2002 -0600, you wrote:
>I read that Interchange is optimized for only around 100 items.  I was
>wondering if it can scale any higher with an external database (ie MySQL, or
>Oracle).  Or has anyone seen corruption, or performance problems with more
>than 100 items in a catalog despite an external database.  I hope this all
>makes sense, thnx.

That statement really refers to the foundation demo, not IC itself. I have
run over 25,000 products on a built-for-speed catalog using the default
gdbm databases (please not all - I am NOT recommending this, just giving an
example), and using a more robust database engine like one of the xSQL's
which is supported, you can do much more.  Of course you have to consider
the performance of the server as a whole as traffic increases.

- Ed L.

(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax