[ic] Scalable

Sun Mar 17 22:26:01 2002

> At 04:46 PM 3/15/2002 -0600, you wrote:
> >I read that Interchange is optimized for only around 100 items.  I was
> >wondering if it can scale any higher with an external database (ie MySQL,
or
> >Oracle).  Or has anyone seen corruption, or performance problems with
more
> >than 100 items in a catalog despite an external database.  I hope this
all
> >makes sense, thnx.

I run several catalogs that are in production and taking orders.
One store has 140000 titles in a secondary product table running using mySQL
Redhat 7.2 (256KB RAM)
Complex searches, or even a search through 'All categories' usually return a
result list within about 2 or 3 seconds, even when hundreds of matches are
found!

Interchange runs a lot faster (10x?) than the portals we build using
PHP/mySQL.

(Our only problem with IC is the dropping of encrypted card numbers in
orders which is happening fairly frequently. The create order, encrypt
card#, e-mail user and store owner is obviously more resource hungry than
complex searches. Still trying to work this one out though I am wondering if
it is a sendmail/reverse DNS problem or something similar that is stalling
the process.)