[ic] Basic layout question.

Doug Alcorn interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Mar 21 10:04:00 2002

"Andrew Lietzow" <andrewl@theaclgroup.com> writes:

> To allow multiple catalogs on the system but to allow only one catalog per
> user, (no matter how many domain names they manage).  Is this necessary?
> Is there a better way to manage this?

I don't think this is really necessary.  Catalogs are pretty much
created by root.  That's what Ryan meant by saying the admin controls
how many catalogs are on a given system.  However, there's no
restriction for one catalog per user.  I have all my catalogs created
under the home directory of each user that manages them.
/home/user/catalogs is the base dir for all the catalogs that user
manages.  It's not the actual directory of the catalog itself.  So if
a particular user has two catalogs (cat1 and cat2) they would have
/home/user/catalogs/cat1 and /home/user/catalogs/cat2.

If you have a business reason for limiting one catalog to one userid,
that's a different story; however, as a pseudo-isp, I don't see any
reason for such a restriction.
--
 (__) Doug Alcorn - Unix/Linux/Web Developing
 oo / PGP 02B3 1E26 BCF2 9AAF 93F1  61D7 450C B264 3E63 D543