[ic] Basic layout question.

Andrew Lietzow interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Mar 21 18:58:01 2002

Thank you Ryan and Doug,
RE:>>So if a particular user has two catalogs (cat1 and cat2) they would
have
/home/user/catalogs/cat1 and /home/user/catalogs/cat2.
RE:>>you can configure IC with one user, and one
catalog for each domain.  (/home/jsmith/catalogs/cat1,cat2,cat3)

Yes, I see the wisdom of this.  Now I'll try another install.  (.... ran
configure and bin/makecat again.. and here are the results....) The system
states toward the end of the install that I should be able to "run the demo
from the following URL:", but the line below this statement is blank.

Is there a listing on the interchange.redhat.com server that shows what
files are installed where for a "standard" foundation demo install?  The
instructions I'm asking because the basic install routine says "don't put
the catalog files in the HTML space", yet I want to understand more fully
the importance of this question and the ramifications of my answer.  I'd
like to know the file layout structure for a well implemented system because
it may differ from what I am used to using.

Traditionally, I set up a user space under the /home directory, and then
create symbolic links to a /www directory for their HTML space.  If I have
</www/foundation> created, with a symbolic link back to
/home/interchange/foundation, where would the <catalogs> directory live and
where would the <cgi-bin> directory live?   I assume there is only one
cgi-bin per server, and that it would be at the /www level but is this
correct?

TIA,

Andrew Lietzow