[ic] Help !! TAX RATE, VAT and TRANSLATION to SPANISH

J. Pla interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Mar 21 10:14:01 2002

Hi, i'm translating the application to a Spanish Languaje and all is working
perfectly at this moment, but there are any questions to resolve ?

Can anybody explain me this questions ?

FIRST

i want to do a change like this mostrated below. Is correct this type of
change ?

One user Write:

> In Norway every product has a flat sales tax (24%).  Where do I set this
or
> how do I set this?

catalog.cfg:
SalesTax tax_code

salestax database:
VAT .24

on your basket page:
<input type="hidden" name="tax_code" value="VAT">
Now this is in my catalog.cfg

SalesTax        __TAXFIELD__
TaxShipping     __TAXSHIPPING__
SeparateItems   Yes

But where is salestax database ?

Must i realize any other change ?

RESUM

In other words, i want to apply a 16% tax to all products.
In Spain there are to VAT or taxes to apply 7% and 16% i only need the 16%
tax or Vat ( any difference between TAX and VAT? please explain me! )

Actually when i checkout a product.

In the field SUBTOTAL is mostrated the price of the product
In the field SALES TAX is mostrated the tax of the product.
In the translation i have changed this field to a VAT field ( in Spanish
called IVA and always must be 16 % )

In the field SHIPPING the charge of the shipping ( no problem at this
moment ) In Spanish is "Transporte"

And Where is Handling ( in spanish "Manejo" or "Gestion" )

Ex:

SUBTOTAL   24.95
SALES TAX (IVA 16% in Spanish)  16 % of 24.95 ( That would be 3.992 )
SHIPPING  (Must be the Tax Shipping in difference provinces with a 16% Tax
inclusive, if was 12 for a X province would be 12 + 16%  = 12 + 1.92 =13.92
Total Shipping)
TOTAL Would be the sume of all the fields.

In this case would be.

SUBTOTAL   24.95
IVA 16%    3.99
SHIPPING   13.92

TOTAL      42.86
Also could be

SUBTOTAL   24.95
IVA        16 (always the same )
SHIPPING   12 ( change accord the diference province selected )

TOTAL     42.86 ( Is the same result )

Which of the two options would be the best ?

Thank's in advance!!