[ic] Help !! TAX RATE, VAT and TRANSLATION to SPANISH

Lyn St George interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Mar 21 14:25:01 2002

On Thu, 21 Mar 2002 16:15:10 +0100, J. Pla wrote:

>Hi, i'm translating the application to a Spanish Languaje and all is working
>perfectly at this moment, but there are any questions to resolve ?
>
>Can anybody explain me this questions ?
>
>FIRST
>
>i want to do a change like this mostrated below. Is correct this type of
>change ?

>One user Write:
>
>> In Norway every product has a flat sales tax (24%).  Where do I set this
>or
>> how do I set this?
>
>catalog.cfg:
>SalesTax tax_code

in catalog.cfg:

SalesTax country

My 'salestax.asc' contains this:
--------X---------
country	rate
UK	0.175
BE	0.21
DK	0.25
FI	0.22
FR	0.196
DE	0.16
GR	0.18
EI	0.20
IT	0.20
LU	0.15
NL	0.19
PT	0.17
ES	0.16
SE	0.25
-----X----------
which are the tax rates for the EU as given to me
by HM Customs&Excise here in the UK.

The [salestax] tag will then calculate the VAT to add depending
on the country entered in the checkout form.

>salestax database:
>VAT .24
>
>on your basket page:
><input type="hidden" name="tax_code" value="VAT">
>Now this is in my catalog.cfg
>

>SalesTax        __TAXFIELD__
>TaxShipping     __TAXSHIPPING__
>SeparateItems   Yes
>
>But where is salestax database ?
>
>Must i realize any other change ?

>RESUM
>
>In other words, i want to apply a 16% tax to all products.
>In Spain there are to VAT or taxes to apply 7% and 16% i only need the 16%
>tax or Vat ( any difference between TAX and VAT? please explain me! )

VAT = Value Added Tax, otherwise known in different countries
as salestax, or GST (Goods & Services Tax).