[ic] shipping question...

Paul Jordan interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Mar 25 02:23:01 2002

> right now when i order something, it is not adding any shipping,
> i am afraid
> to run the wizard in administration, because that for some reason
> breaks my
> interchange, it breaks certain things, like no confirmation
> screen if I run
> that after checking out and other odd things.
>
> is there a good howto on shipping, I want to use the Post Office Priority
> mail, their shipping is based on weight, I got the cost tables in front of
> me, got a copy from the local office...
>
> I created some items, so I would now add weight to them ?
>
> how does that work, that's basically the only thing that I have
> to finish...

I use USPS too. Your looking in the ADMIN under the Administration button
(at top). Then a second row of buttons pop up. click shipping (along top).
You will want to ignore what is in there. If your not using a lookup table,
as I am not, just click on create new method, it is pretty intuitive. Be
sure to give it a name + label and select weight as the criteria. Be sure to
select what countries it will apply to.

Also, when your on this screen, you can click help, and a help page based on
shipping will pop up. Anyways, then you click next, and select weight ranges
and corresponding values.

it is that easy.

Paul