[ic] Problem Maintaining Session

Joachim Leidinger interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri May 3 14:15:01 2002

Ed LaFrance wrote:
> >Here is where I get stumped:
> >
> >Passing back the session id to a page which would then log the order and
> >fire off the necessary
> >e-mails, is not working. A new session is always generated, hence we don't
> >have the "old" session
> >data available. I have tried various suggested approaches.
> >Sending back the the session id in the IC format
> >http://serverurl/catalog/ord/postapproval?id=nnnnnnnn&etc&etc...:
> >
> >id appears to get ignored or stripped; [cgi id], [value id] are blank;
> >[data session id] shows a new
> >session.
> >
> >Sending the session id to the processor and back as sessionvar=[data
> >session id] works; [cgi
> >sessionvar] shows the proper session id.
> >Any ideea as to how to make this work?
>
> Calling a return URL to your store which contains a valid session ID string
> should work - I have written implementations which do this without fail.
> Something else is going on; perhaps the return  URL is being munged
> somehow; or perhaps IC refuses to recognize id=nnnnnnnn on a cookie-enbaled
> browser. Try building your return url as a form instead of a regular link,
> i.e.:
>
> [seti return_url][area form="
>                                  mv_todo=return
>                                  mv_nextpage=ord/postapproval
>                                  extra_var1=some_data
>                                  extra_var2=more_data
> "][/seti]
>
> Then send [scratch return_url] to your payment processor with the other
> data. The session ID will be included automatically and should be
> recognized by IC on the return (and invoke-able with [data session id]).
>
> - Ed L.

I believe, I've the same problem with the session id. If I use a Browser
without cookies and type the URL with id=xyz... , it works. But it don't
works with my perl script, which is using LWP::UserAgent to get the
special IC page and from this page...to get the current session id (this
page has only [data session id]).

Call and getting all other IC pages with the session id in all other URL
and make anything with this pages show me, that I get different session
id always, because all other pages has [data session id] to check the
session id (as a debug info for me). For example:

1. call the IC page with [data session id]
2. call all other IC pages with that session id and store it as a file
3. make anything with the stored files (for example making a pdf files)
4. all stored files has <!--XYZuvw12--> to show me the session id
   (the ic page has <!--[data session id]-->)
5. all stored files has never the same session id

Any suggestions, why IC is not recognizing the current session by the
URL via the get methode? I'cant use the other methode as a form.

Any suggestions or ideas?

Thanks!

Joachim

--
Hans-Joachim Leidinger | Dipl.-Phys.Ing. Entwicklung eCommerce
[leidinger@bpanet.de]