[ic] Problem Maintaining Session

Joachim Leidinger interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri May 3 17:51:01 2002

Mike Heins wrote:

> > >Question:
> > >What is right? mv_session_id=nnnnnnnn or id=nnnnnnnn with IC 4.8.3?
> > >
> > >Thanks!
> > >
> > >Joachim Leidinger
> >
> > My understanding is: it depends. For a simple link to a page, it is
> > id=nnnnnnnn. For a GET form, it is mv_session_id=nnnnnnnn (passed as one of
> > the CGI vars in the query string). At least that seems to be how it is
> > intended.
>
> Either will work. id= is just a shorthand, and is one of the examples
> of variable renaming in etc/varnames.
>
> You can rename any CGI variable in Interchange. Just put in interchange.cfg:
>
>         VarName   mv_long_name_of_variable   abbr
>
> Now if you submit a form with abbr=foo, it is the same as
> mv_long_name_of_variable=foo. And that can be in a form or in
> a query string.

OK! But that will not answered my question, why is my own perl script
not getting a lot of the IC pages with the same session id, if I use the
GET methode and tell IC the session id with "id=nnnnnnnn" and so on. I
call some IC page with
"http://www.mylocaldomain/cgi-bin/mylocalcatalogs/....?id=nnnnnnnn...."
and I get a new session id in my each stored HTML-Files from the IC as a
HTML-files.

For example:
1)
You have a perl script, which is calling an IC page and store it as a
file to get the current session id
2)
the same perl script read the content of the IC page to get the current
session id from the file of 1)
3)
at the next time, you call all other IC page with the GET methode and
the current session id of same perl script
 is getting another session id suddenly. Why?
4)
I've tried with id=nnnnnnnn and mv_session_id=nnnnnnnnn in my perl
script, but I get a new session id in ma every stored HTML-files.
5) all IC server, catalogs and perl script is running on the same local
machine (IP: 192.168.x.x).

With many thanks for any helps and suggestions

Joachim

--
Hans-Joachim Leidinger | Dipl.-Phys.Ing. Entwicklung eCommerce
[leidinger@bpanet.de]