[ic] Any success w/ Paypal integration?? (Now: Merchant Services and RedHat's CCVS)

Sat May 4 13:40:01 2002

Quoting Carlc Internet Services (mvu@carlc.com):
> > Date: Fri, 03 May 2002 18:51:27 -0500
> > To: interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
> > From: Andrew Lietzow <andrewl@theaclgroup.com>
> > Subject: Re: [ic] Any success w/ Paypal integration??
> >

> > Is there a summary of the IC supported CC companies and an
> > analysis of
> > their costs and services anywhere?   I'd be interested to
> > know what the
> > breakdown is on costs..
>
> Add Hotconnect.net to that list... Please.
>
> Originally, I had CCVS that was a RedHat product. They literally
> quit the product. DEAD as a door nail... Instead, they try to move
> you to a product that's still in development (I don't want to mention
> names, rather give good points, not bad points). I was able to
> integrate CCVS into Minivend and it worked great. Guess I should
> have turned the code over to RedHat 3 years ago... My Bad.
>
> How I WISH I could get my hands on an open copy (no license required)
> of CCVS from RedHat.... Hey, maybe one of the list readers can tell
> me why RedHat won't sell the source?

Because the agreements with the clearinghouses don't allow them to. It
would have been made open source if possible.

> Or did they sell it to some other
> company? I know the replacement company RedHat sends you to did not
> use the source as their product is very different in how it handles
> various parts of the process (example: New product has no clue how
> to store batch totals, CCVS was perfect, even had the batch transaction
> number! New product is working on it but we don't know when or how
> long before its available.).
>
> Bummed out but still using Minivend and Interchange! Thanks,

I believe it may be under the aegis of Main Street computing now,
but I don't know. It has not recently been a burning issue.

--
3005 Nichols Rd., Hamilton, OH  45013
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@valuemedia.com>

Being against torture ought to be sort of a bipartisan thing.
-- Karl Lehenbauer