[ic] email tag for ship_notice and html email

Aaron Hazelton interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed May 8 18:43:01 2002

Hi all,

I have altered the way the "email_copy" field of the userdb table is
used and changed the "mail_receipt" so that my users will have the
option of choosing: no email, plain text, or html.  That was easy.

But, now I would also like to make this option carry through for the
shipping notice.  Here's where im having trouble.  I open up the
"order_status.html" admin page and get smacked with a bunch of perl.  I
found the [email-raw] tag which includes the ship_notice.

First of all, can you do html emails in the [email-raw] tag?  The
usertag doesn't say anything about an 'extra' that you can call out like
with [email]...

I tried putting in [if] statements into the ship_notice pointing to the
email_copy field but that did not work... All the perl code outputs to
the error log.  I also tried removing the email-raw tag and using the
[email] inside the ship_notice but to no avail either.

It looks like the perl in this page uses the email_copy field to
generate the "wants_copy" variable, so im not sure if maybe that's where
it needs some work to do this...?

  _____

Sincerely,
Aaron Hazelton