[ic] email tag for ship_notice and html email

Stefan Hornburg Racke interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu May 9 05:26:01 2002

"Aaron Hazelton" <aaronmail@hazenet.net> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I have altered the way the "email_copy" field of the userdb table is
> used and changed the "mail_receipt" so that my users will have the
> option of choosing: no email, plain text, or html.  That was easy.
>
> But, now I would also like to make this option carry through for the
> shipping notice.  Here's where im having trouble.  I open up the
> "order_status.html" admin page and get smacked with a bunch of perl.  I
> found the [email-raw] tag which includes the ship_notice.
>
> First of all, can you do html emails in the [email-raw] tag?  The
> usertag doesn't say anything about an 'extra' that you can call out like
> with [email]...
>
> I tried putting in [if] statements into the ship_notice pointing to the
> email_copy field but that did not work... All the perl code outputs to
> the error log.  I also tried removing the email-raw tag and using the
> [email] inside the ship_notice but to no avail either.
>
> It looks like the perl in this page uses the email_copy field to
> generate the "wants_copy" variable, so im not sure if maybe that's where
> it needs some work to do this...?

You _can_ do HTML emails with email-raw AFAIK. Alternatively you can
checkout my email_mime.tag posted to this list. I think that would
avoid headaches about to format the email stuff.

That works too, but is very ugly in my opinion:

[email from="[scratch company::email]" to="__CS_REPLY_TO__" subject="Angebot für gesuchte Bauteile"
extra='content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1"' ]
<HTML>...</HTML>
[/email]

Ciao
        Racke