[ic] basic question

Jonathan Clark interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu May 9 17:23:01 2002

> > After I create a catalog in interchange (yup, first time) I am unable to
> > login to the
> > web-based admin interface with the username and password that I have
> > previously specified (I left the default, interch/pass). Where
> in the world
> > is this configuration
> > kept and how in the world may I work around this or create a new user or
> > something?
>
> Hi Nick,
> I've never suffered from your problem and was always able to
> login instantly,
> so not much help on that side.
> I do recall however, that the password is stored as an encrypted
> hash in the
> userdb and that it is document in the interchange database manual.

The admin users are stored in the 'access' table,
<catroot>/products/access.asc. As you say, they are stored encrypted.

If you wanted to replace the password, Mike Heins posted a small script some
considerable time ago to generate a new one using the crypt function which
you could then paste into the file. See
http://interchange.redhat.com/pipermail/interchange-users/2001-March/006031.
html

Alternatively, build a new catalog.