[ic] Online Check Possible Bug 4.8.3 (fixed)

Paul Jordan interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon May 13 12:50:01 2002

> > I have a site that accepts only checks and money orders.
> > http://www.northwoodwreath.com
> > When I goto check out using online check, at the bottom it asks for a
> credit
> > card number
> > unless I toggle to Postal Billing and then back again.
> > Does anyone know how to fix this? I haven't made any changes to the
> > checkout.html
> > page. I am using 4.8.3, Redhat 7.0 and Apache 1.3.22
> >

> > I also have a question about the RPM's for 4.8.5, will these install on
> > Redhat 7.0 and
> > will it upgrade semi-seamlessly or do I have to go the tarball route?
> >
> > Thanks for all your help.
> > I am slowly getting up to speed.
> > Dave Turk
> I posted Friday about a possible bug in 4.8.3 using online checks.
>
> OK I have removed online checks for now.
> http://www.northwoodwreath.com
> Now when I goto check out  at the bottom it still asks for a credit
> card number. If I click place order it says
>
> There were errors in your last submission:
>   Credit Card Information: Card is expired.
> The areas you need to correct are shown in this color below.
>
> Then the credit card stuff goes away and I can
>
> I have modified the checkout.html page to not display this.
> code snippet
> [comment]     [if !value payment_method]                     [/comment]
> [comment]      [or value payment_method eq credit]           [/comment]
>
> [if value payment_method eq credit]
>
> Hope this was the correct way to do this.
> I am using IC 4.8.5, Redhat 7.0 and Apache 1.3.22 but the catalog
> was built
> under 4.8.3
>
> The RPM's install fine except I had to install Digest::MD5 manually then
> run --nodeps during the upgrade
> I don't know if there is another way but this seemed to work for me.
>

> Dave Turk

Dave, Comment from

[comment][or value payment_method eq credit]

TO...............

	[/then]  {/comment] -------------------#here
	[elsif value payment_method eq check]

	<input type=hidden name=mv_order_profile value=mail_order>

Also, you may need to change around your if's to account for the missing
[then] tags and credit card block. Maybe set

	[or value payment_method eq check]
      [then]
      [/then]
      [elsif value payment_method eq po]

Seems like something I would try, but then again I have tried some pretty
stupid things...

Paul

PS, I tried the RH site, unchecking the credit options in UI just takes the
options out of the select box. It doesn't seem like it would be hard for RH
to have the code blocks check if those are set in UI also.