[ic] Online Check Possible Bug 4.8.3 (OOPS not fixed)

Dave Turk interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue May 14 09:39:01 2002

> > > I have a site that accepts only checks and money orders.
> > > http://www.northwoodwreath.com
> > > When I goto check out using online check, at the bottom it asks for a
> > credit
> > > card number
> > > unless I toggle to Postal Billing and then back again.
> > > Does anyone know how to fix this? I haven't made any changes to the
> > > checkout.html
> > > page. I am using 4.8.3, Redhat 7.0 and Apache 1.3.22
> > >

> > > I also have a question about the RPM's for 4.8.5, will these install
on
> > > Redhat 7.0 and
> > > will it upgrade semi-seamlessly or do I have to go the tarball route?
> > >
> > > Thanks for all your help.
> > > I am slowly getting up to speed.
> > > Dave Turk
> > I posted Friday about a possible bug in 4.8.3 using online checks.
> >
> > OK I have removed online checks for now.
> > http://www.northwoodwreath.com
> > Now when I goto check out  at the bottom it still asks for a credit
> > card number. If I click place order it says
> >
> > There were errors in your last submission:
> >   Credit Card Information: Card is expired.
> > The areas you need to correct are shown in this color below.
> >
> > Then the credit card stuff goes away and I can
> >
> > I have modified the checkout.html page to not display this.
> > code snippet
> > [comment]     [if !value payment_method]                     [/comment]
> > [comment]      [or value payment_method eq credit]           [/comment]
> >
> > [if value payment_method eq credit]
> >
> > Hope this was the correct way to do this.
> > I am using IC 4.8.5, Redhat 7.0 and Apache 1.3.22 but the catalog
> > was built
> > under 4.8.3
> >
> > The RPM's install fine except I had to install Digest::MD5 manually then
> > run --nodeps during the upgrade
> > I don't know if there is another way but this seemed to work for me.
> >

> > Dave Turk
> >

> Dave, Comment from
>
> [comment][or value payment_method eq credit]
>
> TO...............

> [/then]  {/comment] -------------------#here
> [elsif value payment_method eq check]
>
> <input type=hidden name=mv_order_profile value=mail_order>
>
> Also, you may need to change around your if's to account for the missing
> [then] tags and credit card block. Maybe set
>
> [or value payment_method eq check]
>       [then]
>       [/then]
>       [elsif value payment_method eq po]
>
> Seems like something I would try, but then again I have tried some pretty
> stupid things...
>

> Paul
>
> PS, I tried the RH site, unchecking the credit options in UI just takes
the
> options out of the select box. It doesn't seem like it would be hard for
RH
> to have the code blocks check if those are set in UI also.

Paul,
Your right it does screw up the tags. Code shows up on the page.
The way I had it originally works except that it doesn't validate the fields
for input
When you click place order. I JUST DISCOVERED THIS. The order does go
through however.
I'll have to study the code a little and make some changes.
Anyone else already go down this road?
The site owner doesn't feel the need to take credit cards since the wreaths
take about 4 weeks to ship, allowing
for plenty of time to send a check or money order.
Thanks
Dave