[ic] Online Check Possible Bug 4.8.3 (OOPS not fixed)

Dave Turk interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue May 14 11:29:00 2002

> > > credit

> on

> > > I posted Friday about a possible bug in 4.8.3 using online checks.
> > >
> > > OK I have removed online checks for now.
> > > http://www.northwoodwreath.com
> > > Now when I goto check out  at the bottom it still asks for a credit
> > > card number. If I click place order it says
> > >
> > > There were errors in your last submission:
> > >   Credit Card Information: Card is expired.
> > > The areas you need to correct are shown in this color below.
> > >
> > > Then the credit card stuff goes away and I can
> > >
> > > I have modified the checkout.html page to not display this.
> > > code snippet
> > > [comment]     [if !value payment_method]
[/comment]
> > > [comment]      [or value payment_method eq credit]
[/comment]

> > > [if value payment_method eq credit]
> > >
> > > Hope this was the correct way to do this.
> > > I am using IC 4.8.5, Redhat 7.0 and Apache 1.3.22 but the catalog
> > > was built
> > > under 4.8.3
> > >
> > > The RPM's install fine except I had to install Digest::MD5 manually
then
> > > run --nodeps during the upgrade
> > > I don't know if there is another way but this seemed to work for me.
> > >

> > > Dave Turk
> > >

> > Dave, Comment from
> >
> > [comment][or value payment_method eq credit]
> >
> > TO...............

> > [/then]  {/comment] -------------------#here
> > [elsif value payment_method eq check]
> >
> > <input type=hidden name=mv_order_profile value=mail_order>
> >
> > Also, you may need to change around your if's to account for the missing
> > [then] tags and credit card block. Maybe set
> >
> > [or value payment_method eq check]
> >       [then]
> >       [/then]
> >       [elsif value payment_method eq po]
> >
> > Seems like something I would try, but then again I have tried some
pretty
> > stupid things...
> >

> > Paul
> >
> > PS, I tried the RH site, unchecking the credit options in UI just takes
> the
> > options out of the select box. It doesn't seem like it would be hard for
> RH
> > to have the code blocks check if those are set in UI also.
>
> Paul,
> Your right it does screw up the tags. Code shows up on the page.
> The way I had it originally works except that it doesn't validate the
fields
> for input
> When you click place order. I JUST DISCOVERED THIS. The order does go
> through however.
> I'll have to study the code a little and make some changes.
> Anyone else already go down this road?
> The site owner doesn't feel the need to take credit cards since the
wreaths
> take about 4 weeks to ship, allowing
> for plenty of time to send a check or money order.
> Thanks
> Dave

What I am trying to do now is set the payment_method to postal on the
chekout.html page before
[if !value payment_method]
How can I set this ahead of time and eliminate the credit card box from
showing up.
I have tried the following but I haven't figured out how to set it.
I have tried the following.
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=payment_method VALUE=postal>

and

[set checkout]
  payment_method=postal
  [/set]
  <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_order_profile VALUE="checkout">

and

[set payment_method]
  payment_method=postal
  [/set]
  <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=payment_method VALUE="postal">

I must be on the wrong track.
Thanks
Dave