[ic] How to minimize downtime (interchange server crashed/outages)?

Kellen Weissenbach interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu May 16 16:13:00 2002

Interchange server seems to die a lot on the server I am using (once or
twice a week).  Is there a way I can make this auto restart?  I do not have
root access, but my server admin is really helpful, and will do anything
needed as long as it doesn't threaten the entire server.

Cron?  PHP that would establish a shell connection and reset it when a user
hit the site and it displayed the error/offline message?  Any thoughts?  Any
ideas how to do this?

Any hints or suggestions are most welcome.

Thanks!
Kellen