[ic] I need help with Virtual host configuration in IC

Yury German [Intch] interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon May 20 03:20:02 2002

Patricia said:

> This was the message:
> Dear IC group,
> I have a dedicate server however it has a twist. It is setup to be a
> webhosting sales service. It has a unknown black box called
> cpanel. I am having a problem with apache conf file and locating
> the virtual hosts I have placed on this machine. I am running IC
> 4.8.3 and apache 1.3.23 on 7.3 redhat. I have created two virtual
> accounts called strictlysport.com & strictly-sport.com with a
> redirect on strictly-sport.com to strictlysport.com. The server is
> called ss1.strictlysport.com.

Patricia,

Do you have access to the shell of the host? If that is the case throw the
whatever pannel out the window and do it via regular vhost editing.

Second you do not need to redirect strictly-sport.com instead just simply
add a line in the vhost file for ServerAlias, you can alias a whole bunch
of servers to the same server and it works faster then a redirect.

If you have access to the shell email me directly and I can help you edit
that file to get what you want easily.

Good Luck!