[ic] Newbie DB question

Ian Eure interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon May 20 15:07:00 2002

On Monday 20 May 2002 11:22 am, Stefan Hornburg (Racke) wrote:
> Ian Eure <ieure@qwest.net> writes:
> > Hi. I'm trying to get Interchange integrated with an existing MySQL
> > database. I've got it mostly working, I'm just really confused about
> > these TAB databases. I can't seem to get Interchange working without
> > having a TAB database, and it will only use N SQL records, where N = the
> > number of records in the TAB DB.
> >
> > It seems completely silly to use a SQL DB, yet be so dependent on a text
> > database as well. Am I just misunderstanding, or is Interchange really
> > dependent on this TAB DB?
>
> No, you can set the configuration directive "NoImportExternal Yes" and
> Interchange uses SQL/LDAP as ultimative reference instead of the TAB
> files. No more import at startup anymore.

It's still not working for me. I have two records in MySQL, and one in
products.txt. I only see one record when I loop over products. Also,
interchange won't start if I comment out the line with "products.txt" in it.
If I replace it with "Database products SQL", I get this error on startup:

- - - [20/May/2002:11:01:01 -0700] - - table 'products' failed:
DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Table 'sso.DSN' doesn't exist at
/usr/lib/interchange/Vend/Table/DBI.pm line 1370.

Additionally, I don't see "NoImportExternal" referenced in the Configuration
Reference, nor do I see how I mark a database as being external.

I'm having the same problem with the 'access' DB. I can't get Interchange to
use the SQL DB exclusively, it insists on trying to read from a text file. If
you can just tell me how to get it to stop doing that and use MySQL, I should
be fine.

Thank you for your help.