[ic] Problem with showing products

Paul Jordan interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu May 23 03:11:00 2002

> Hello,
>
> Can someone tell me if (and where) it is possible to change
> something in a query or something sow that a visitor cannot see
> products where the price is zero or items where there is no
> picture available. (In the result page after a search, specials,
> see also pages, ...)
>
> I do not want to delete this items, only makes it hidden for
> visitors. In the admin-pages the product may be shown.
>
> I tried editing the result.html but that is not the right way,
> sometimes he shows 7 items on a pages, then 5, 10, ... And the
> number of results is also wrong.
>
> Hopefully somebody can help me with this very annoying problem.
>
> With best regards,
>
> Karel Maeseele

One thing I do is create a new column in products called searched. All my
searches are coordinated, so I always have something like:

co=yes
sf=searched
se=1
..more criteria here..

Or somehthing like that. I believe there was originally a column called
"inactive" for this, but I read in the archive that it is deprecated,
(correct me if I am wrong)

Also, my method allows for psuedo range searching, since it is not wise to
use the IC mv_range_look function on large databases, and not to mention you
can't mix coordinated searches with range_look (i believe).

The downside is that you have to explicitly set this value in products (UI),
or however it is that you do it.

Paul