[ic] Problem with showing products

Thu May 23 10:55:01 2002

At 08:31 AM 5/23/2002 +0200, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>Can someone tell me if (and where) it is possible to change something in a
>query or something sow that a visitor cannot see products where the price
>is zero or items where there is no picture available. (In the result page
>after a search, specials, see also pages, ...)
>
>I do not want to delete this items, only makes it hidden for visitors. In
>the admin-pages the product may be shown.
>
>I tried editing the result.html but that is not the right way, sometimes
>he shows 7 items on a pages, then 5, 10, ... And the number of results is
>also wrong.
>
>Hopefully somebody can help me with this very annoying problem.
>
>With best regards,
>
>Karel Maeseele

You would need to write custom searches for your sidebar category links
(assuming that is what you are using). In the design tab, you would change
the category link type to complex search, then either type the search terms
directly in the box, or use the Create search button to generate then
automatically.

The problem you will encounter is successfully excluding items based on
blank/non-blank non-numeric field values, which is what you need to do for
the image field. I have always had trouble getting that to work reliably
using Interchange search terms. You might try this set:

fi=products
st=db
co=yes
ml=50
sf=price
se=0
op=>
nu=1
sf=image
se=
op=gt
nu=0

...but, no guarantees.

- Ed L.

Increase profits from your Interchange store... FREE!
http://www.newmediaems.com/cgi-bin/nm/software_fus.html
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax