[ic] Order entry in UI always creates a new user... why?

Fri May 24 11:00:01 2002

Quoting Aaron Hazelton (aaronmail@hazenet.net):
> Hi all,
>
> I thought maybe someone else has already found
> a solution to this:  When entering an order in the
> UI, even for a repeat customer, IC always creates
> a new user.  i.e: You enter the customer's name and
> UNcheck the 'new customer' box select 'find' and
> IC will pull up the original customer.  However,
> when you look at your users, another user is entered
> even though the info was pulled up on the original.
>
> Is this the way it is supposed to be?  Im guessing that the
> user would have to be 'logged in' in order for it to
> recognize that it is the same user.  But in this case, the
> administrator is the one logged in.  Is there a workaround
> since it kind of a nuisance?

Not yet. But 4.9 has a new "su" capability that will allow
the admin to enter an order logged in as that user and then
up the UI order entry support yet, but it should be pretty simple.

--
Mike Heins
Perusion -- Expert Interchange Consulting

relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Dick Feynman