[ic] Contents of pulldowns for payment options and shipping options gone?

Kellen Weissenbach interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed May 29 13:18:01 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ed LaFrance" <edl@newmediaems.com>
To: <interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com>
Sent: Wednesday, May 29, 2002 9:09 AM
Subject: Re: [ic] Contents of pulldowns for payment options and shipping
options gone?

> At 10:32 PM 5/28/2002 -0500, you wrote:
> >Hello Everyone!  It's me again!
> >With everyone's help I have been able to restore the contents of the
payment
> >options pulldown menu on the checkout page (4.8.3 Foundation Store).
> >However, shipping is still blank.  I would like to accept basically all
> >forms of FedEx Shipping, no others.  I am positive this question too has
> >been covered already several times, but after over 6 hours of non stop
> >searching of the archives I have been unable to find any information
> >relavent to my situation.
> >
> >Basically, to further explain, many functions in the wizard (in the
admin)
> >do not seem to stick.  After many edits to catalog.cfg and a few to
> >interchange.cfg many now work and stick when changed.  I am not actually
> >concerned about being able to use the wizard, but just wanted to explain
> >this a bit.  I am hoping someone can direct me to an easy way to add
FedEx
> >Shipping options, so I can get them to show up on checkout.  I would
prefer
> >manual edits rather than the nightmarish admin wizard.
> >
> >Thank you for all your help.  Everyone has been so helpful!
> >
> >-Kellen
>
> I'm really not sure I understand what is going on in your case, but bottom
> line: unless you have modified the checkout page, if you add the desired
> shipmodes, separated by spaces, to the default country (usually US) in the
> country table, they should show up in the shipping selector pull down on
> the checkout page.
>
> - Ed L.

The shop is located here: http://shop.edu-technology.com/
If you go to the checkout you will notice that there are no shipping options
listed in the pulldown menu.

I just need all FedEx shipping options (the ones already listed in the
wizard) to be available for customers selection.  Since fedex options are
already included in the wizard, I am guessing that the fedex shipping tables
already exist somewhere in my installation.  Do I just need to reference
them from somewhere?  Where do I put my default shipping from zip, etc?

Sorry once again for the "blatent idiot" questions, but you folks sure are
helpful!

-Kellen