[ic] Makecat problem: undefined catalog

R. Steven Rainwater interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu May 30 11:38:01 2002

I've installed Interchange 4.8.5-1 from RPM on a Red Hat Linux
7.2 box. The foundation store seems to work fine. I have now
tried to create a new catalog/store for another virtual site
on the server using makecat. I have followed the instructions
from the documentation carefully. After restarting interchange
and trying to access the new catalog, I get a web page with
this error message:

 Undefined catalog: /cgi-bin/erin-cat

At the same time, /var/log/interchange/error.log logs this:

 /cgi-bin/erin-cat/index.html CGI mapping error: Undefined catalog: /cgi-bin/erin-cat at /usr/lib/interchange/lib/Vend/Server.pm line 182.

"erin-cat" was the name I chose for the new catalog. Even
though the new catalog doesn't work, the existing foundation
store continues to work. I've tried the entire process twice
to make sure I'm doing exactly what the documentation says
but still no luck. No error messages are produced by makecat
and from what I can tell, it has created new files and
directories for the new catalog that seem similar to those
that are present for the foundation store.

Can anyone provide any hint as to how I go about identifying and
correcting the problem?

As an aside, shouldn't makecat "define" the catalog? And if it fails
to define it, shouldn't it have reported an error itself?

-Steve

R. Steven Rainwater * http://www.ncc.com/humans/srainwater/index.html
"As you struggle to save humanity be sure to avoid electrodes in
your path"  -- Robotron 2084