[ic] Makecat problem: undefined catalog

Rick Eicher II interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu May 30 12:05:01 2002

On Thursday 30 May 2002 10:54 am, R. Steven Rainwater wrote:
> I've installed Interchange 4.8.5-1 from RPM on a Red Hat Linux
> 7.2 box. The foundation store seems to work fine. I have now
> tried to create a new catalog/store for another virtual site
> on the server using makecat. I have followed the instructions
> from the documentation carefully. After restarting interchange
> and trying to access the new catalog, I get a web page with
> this error message:
>
>  Undefined catalog: /cgi-bin/erin-cat
>
> At the same time, /var/log/interchange/error.log logs this:
>
>  /cgi-bin/erin-cat/index.html CGI mapping error: Undefined catalog:
> /cgi-bin/erin-cat at /usr/lib/interchange/lib/Vend/Server.pm line 182.

Might post what is in apaches error_log file also.

> "erin-cat" was the name I chose for the new catalog. Even
> though the new catalog doesn't work, the existing foundation
> store continues to work. I've tried the entire process twice
> to make sure I'm doing exactly what the documentation says
> but still no luck. No error messages are produced by makecat
> and from what I can tell, it has created new files and
> directories for the new catalog that seem similar to those
> that are present for the foundation store.
>
> Can anyone provide any hint as to how I go about identifying and
> correcting the problem?

Post the part of the interchange.cfg file that defines your catalogs. This
will helps us figure out what going on.

> As an aside, shouldn't makecat "define" the catalog? And if it fails
> to define it, shouldn't it have reported an error itself?

Assuming you answer the questions correctly. The makecat can be hard till you
get to know it a little better.

> -Steve

And as always look throught the archieves to see how this problem has been
fixed in the past. A wealth of knowledge can be found there.

Rick Eicher II
www.pbol.net