[ic] Makecat problem: undefined catalog

R. Steven Rainwater interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu May 30 12:24:01 2002

Here is the only portion of /etc/interchange.cfg that seems
to have anything to do with specific catalogs (I can post the
entire file if needed:

# Set up individual catalog here

#Catalog store /var/lib/interchange/store /cgi-bin/store
Catalog foundation /var/lib/interchange/foundation /cgi-bin/foundation
Catalog erin-cat /var/lib/interchange/erin-cat /cgi-bin/erin-cat /erin-cat

I have not editing anything in the /etc/interchange.cfg file
manually. (in fact, I'd never looked at until just now!)

The Apache log contains a 404 error for the index.html file:

"GET /cgi-bin/erin-cat/index.html HTTP/1.1" 404 ...

Does that help narrow it down any?

-Steve

On Wed, 29 May 2002 23:12:29 -0500, Rick Eicher II wrote:

>On Thursday 30 May 2002 10:54 am, R. Steven Rainwater wrote:
>> I've installed Interchange 4.8.5-1 from RPM on a Red Hat Linux
>> 7.2 box. The foundation store seems to work fine. I have now
>> tried to create a new catalog/store for another virtual site
>> on the server using makecat. I have followed the instructions
>> from the documentation carefully. After restarting interchange
>> and trying to access the new catalog, I get a web page with
>> this error message:
>>
>>  Undefined catalog: /cgi-bin/erin-cat
>>
>> At the same time, /var/log/interchange/error.log logs this:
>>
>>  /cgi-bin/erin-cat/index.html CGI mapping error: Undefined catalog:
>> /cgi-bin/erin-cat at /usr/lib/interchange/lib/Vend/Server.pm line 182.
>
>Might post what is in apaches error_log file also.
>
>> "erin-cat" was the name I chose for the new catalog. Even
>> though the new catalog doesn't work, the existing foundation
>> store continues to work. I've tried the entire process twice
>> to make sure I'm doing exactly what the documentation says
>> but still no luck. No error messages are produced by makecat
>> and from what I can tell, it has created new files and
>> directories for the new catalog that seem similar to those
>> that are present for the foundation store.
>>
>> Can anyone provide any hint as to how I go about identifying and
>> correcting the problem?
>
>Post the part of the interchange.cfg file that defines your catalogs. This
>will helps us figure out what going on.

R. Steven Rainwater * http://www.ncc.com/humans/srainwater/index.html
"As you struggle to save humanity be sure to avoid electrodes in
your path"  -- Robotron 2084