[ic] Categories

Michael Goldfarb interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Nov 4 14:28:00 2002

>Hi,
>
>I have created some Sections in Design menu (don't actually know what
TOP
>and LEFT mean - I think left means the category list on main page on
left
>side)...
>
>And some categories and I've put those categories in sections... I
defined
>simple search for product and so on...
>
>But now how do I make those sections and categories to display in New
item
>or Item editor?
>
>If I want to create new item it still shows only categories which were
>valid
>in Interchange demo store (Shovels,Hammers, etc..).
>
>So again what I did:
>- went to Design menu
>- Create section with details: name, page class=all, page area=left,
Lint
>type: simple search, Field=column pairs: prod_group="the same as name
of
>section"..
>- Created another section with the same name and same details except
PAGE
>AREA=top...
>- Created Category with: name, Link type: simple search, Field:
>category="name of category"
>- put that category in section..
>- apply changes...
>
>Is there anything else I need to do to have those groups (sections) and
>categories available in Items (new item or editor)??
>
>Or is there another way to categorize the products?
>
>Thanks for help!
>Regards,
>Saso

I think I understand your question. If you are just asking why the new
Product Groups and Categories do not show up in your item editor when
you click "Create New Item" then that is because you do not currently
have any items in the new Product Groups or Categories.

If you have at least 1 item in a Product Group or Category, they will
appear in the drop-down menus automatically. Try entering in a new item
and type in the associated Product Group and/or Category from the list
of one of the new ones you created. After you submit that item, the new
Product Group and/or Cateogry will appear in the drop-down as long as
you have at least one item in them.

Hope that helps :)