[ic] A better way to do this?

marc.brevoort interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Nov 5 07:18:00 2002

Hello group,

I have a form page that contains some global information.
It is a form which does some processing. When adding a
'detail' form to it, I found myself needing the form to
either post form variables to itself or to another form.

The bounce tag comes pretty close but drops all CGI
variables, so I wrote this little script (which works
OK as long as there aren't too many CGI variables):

[if cgi postbutton]
[tag op=header interpolate=1]
[perl]
# Redirect to another page and keep CGI vars
	$page="Content-type: text/html\n";
	$page.="Location: [cgi postbutton].html";
	my $n=0;
	foreach my $k(keys %{$CGI}) {
		$n=$n+1;
		if (n==1) { $page.="?"; } else { $page.="&"; }
		$page.="&".$k."=".$CGI->{$k};
	}
	$page.="\n\n";
	return $page;
[/perl]
[/tag]
[/if]

The problem, of course, is that I have too many CGI
variables to pass to the header. Also, I'd like this to
be a POST operation rather than a GET, because I prefer
the users not to see all the mess that is passed in the
address bar of the browser.

The only other way I know is using a JavaScript to set the
form action just before submitting, but I'd rather not
depend on JS. I was wondering if any of you gurus out there
knows of a better way to do repost form data to another form?

Regards,

Marc Brevoort