[ic] question on BoA and Vend::Payment.pm

Jeff Dafoe interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Nov 6 22:10:00 2002

> >     I am interested in any thoughts on this.  I suspect that $opt->{id},
in
> > my case, is created somewhere but has an undef value.
>
> I don't think this is what you want -- it would not allow a value of
> 0 to be set in any parameter of any payment route.
>
> The best thing is to just make sure you have the proper thing defined...

    I have been thinking about this.  The issue is that I do have the proper
thing defined, the actual problem in my case is this, again from
charge_param:

=====
        ## JDD hack to fix empty ID string being returned
        return $opt->{$name}            if $opt->{$name};

        # "gateway" and possibly other future options
        return undef if $ignore_mv_payment{$name};

        # Now check Variable space as last resort
        my $uname = "MV_PAYMENT_\U$name";
=====

    As per the BoA.pm documentation, I do have MV_PAYMENT_ID set.  The
problem is when the above code is called, when BoA.pm calls
charge_param('id'), the "id" key/property apparently exists in $opt .  Thus
the above code never falls down to read MV_PAYMENT_ID .  I can't figure out
where $opt is picking up a undef value, I didn't do much investigating.  But
I don't have an empty MV_PAYMENT_ID anywhere that I am aware of.

Thanks,
Jeff