[ic] UI Auto-Populate -- please help

Thomas J.M. Burton interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Nov 12 13:16:01 2002

Hello list,

I posted this question late last week and got no response. My deadline for this
project is this Friday and I need to be able to have the admin UI set up so that my
client can easily rebuild his categories. Could someone please help me out?

Thanks...

---Original Post---

I just found the fine tune code for the pages/admin/layout_auto.html page (found at
http://www.icdevgroup.org/pipermail/interchange-users/2001-October/013912.html).

It works great and solved all the problems with the auto-populate feature. Thanks for
putting that together, Mike! However, I want to set the default for Areas to a link
type of simple that searches for all products in that area. I've been successful in
altering the code except for setting the selector. Here's what I have (starting at
line 188):

 my %area_defaults = (
  name => undef,
  which_page => $CGI->{which_page} || 'all',
  sort => '05',
  sel => $CGI->{sel} || 'left',
  display_type => 'name',
  link_type => 'simple',
  selector => 'prod_group=~PROD_GROUP~',
 );

This works fine except that ~PROD_GROUP~ in the selector setting is not replaced by
the value for the area's prod group. From the results I've had with the above code,
I'm pretty sure that I can't use ~PROD_GROUP~ where I'm trying to and have it actually
return a value. I'm not a trained programmer, so go easy on me. I'm sure this is
something simple for those who really know what they're doing.

What should I do to make this work properly?

Thanks,
Tom Burton

Thomas J.M. Burton, Design/Production
Global Focus Digital Media, LLC