[ic] cut off fractionals after changing locale

Wed Nov 13 10:42:00 2002

Quoting Christian Ducrot (newsletter@pressreturn.de):
> Hello interchange-users,
>
> I've problems with changing the locale to de_DE in the foundation
> demo. I use IC 4.8.6 on SuSE 7.2 Linux.
>
> After rebooting with the following settings, all prices are shown with
> cut off fractionals ($12.99 -> 12,00 EUR / $8.45 -> 8,00 EUR).
>
> catalog.cfg:
> # Last locale specified is the default.
> #Locale          en_US LC_CTYPE C
> Locale          de_DE default 1
> LocaleDatabase  locale
>
> locale:
> code                  en_US   de_DE   fr_FR
> frac_digits           2       2       2
> currency_symbol       $       EUR     EUR
> decimal_point         .       .       .
> p_cs_precedes         1       0       0
> mon_thousands_sep     ,       .       .
> mon_decimal_point     .       ,       ,
> mon_thousand_sep
> p_sep_by_space        1
> products                      de_products     produits
> default               1       0       0
> PriceDivide           1       1       1
> price_picture
>
> If I use [setlocale locale=de_DE currency=de_DE persist=1] instead of
> changing catalog.cfg the prices look good.

Set your LC_ALL to "C" before starting IC. For example:

	$ export LC_ALL=C; bin/interchange -restart

	or

	% setenv LC_ALL C; bin/interchange -restart

Or if you have a catalog.cfg setup that works for you, put it back
that way and then put in catalog.cfg as well:

	ScratchDefault  mv_locale de_DE

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

Unix version of an Outlook-style virus:
It works on the honor system. Please forward this message to everyone
you know, and delete a bunch of your files at random.