[ic] cut off fractionals after changing locale

Christian Ducrot interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Nov 14 06:05:00 2002

Hello Mike,

MH> Quoting Christian Ducrot (newsletter@pressreturn.de):
>> Hello interchange-users,
>>
>> I've problems with changing the locale to de_DE in the foundation
>> demo. I use IC 4.8.6 on SuSE 7.2 Linux.
>>
>> After rebooting with the following settings, all prices are shown with
>> cut off fractionals ($12.99 -> 12,00 EUR / $8.45 -> 8,00 EUR).
[...]

MH> Set your LC_ALL to "C" before starting IC. For example:

MH>         $ export LC_ALL=C; bin/interchange -restart

MH>         or

MH>         % setenv LC_ALL C; bin/interchange -restart

MH> Or if you have a catalog.cfg setup that works for you, put it back
MH> that way and then put in catalog.cfg as well:

MH>         ScratchDefault  mv_locale de_DE

The problem still exist with LC_ALL=C.

I get different results if I use more then one catalog:

this don't work (cut off fractional) as first catalog:
Locale          de_DE default 1
LocaleDatabase  locale
ScratchDefault  mv_locale de_DE

this work as second catalog (first one is Locale en_US):
Locale          de_DE default 1
LocaleDatabase  locale
ScratchDefault  mv_locale de_DE

this work in every situation:
Locale          en_US default 1
LocaleDatabase  locale
ScratchDefault  mv_locale de_DE

Can you please explain me that behavior?

--
Best regards,
Christian