[ic] Changing item price based on cart contents

Michael Goldfarb interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Nov 14 19:41:00 2002

>I'm trying to change an item's price based on the contents of the cart.
>
>For example, ITEM1 costs $5.00
>If you purchase 8 items of any kind in any combination, ITEM1 cost is
>$2.00.
>
>This will change on the fly based on what is in the cart.
>
>Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
>Ellen Ferguson

I think this has been covered a few times so if this doesn't work try
searching the archives.

This is not tested, but putting something like this on your checkout
page should work. This should give a $3 discount to the order if ITEM1
is in the cart and there are more than 7 items in the cart.

[if ordered ITEM1SKU#]
[if type=explicit compare="[calc][nitems] > 7 [/calc]"]
[discount code="ITEM1SKU#" interpolate=1]$s - 3[/discount]
[/if]
[/if]