[ic] Changing item price based on cart contents

Ellen S. Ferguson interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Nov 14 21:31:01 2002

At 05:40 PM 11/14/2002 -0700, you wrote:

> >I'm trying to change an item's price based on the contents of the cart.
> >
> >For example, ITEM1 costs $5.00
> >If you purchase 8 items of any kind in any combination, ITEM1 cost is
> >$2.00.
> >
> >This will change on the fly based on what is in the cart.
> >
> >Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
> >Ellen Ferguson
> >

>I think this has been covered a few times so if this doesn't work try
>searching the archives.
>
>This is not tested, but putting something like this on your checkout
>page should work. This should give a $3 discount to the order if ITEM1
>is in the cart and there are more than 7 items in the cart.
>
>[if ordered ITEM1SKU#]
>[if type=explicit compare="[calc][nitems] > 7 [/calc]"]
>[discount code="ITEM1SKU#" interpolate=1]$s - 3[/discount]
>[/if]
>[/if]

Thanks for the example. I tried something very similar with discounts, but
my problem was un-discounting the item if the number of items fell below 8.

And thank you, because this made me look at discounts again and I just now
found how to reset the discount. Must have overlooked it - too easy
[discount ITEM][/discount]!