[ic] setting mv_nextpage in mv_click block

Mon Nov 18 16:41:01 2002

Quoting Jeff Dafoe (jeff@badtz-maru.com):
> Hello,
>
>     Am I correct in concluding that mv_nextpage cannot be set in a mv_click
> or mv_check code block?

No.

> I wanted to make a form that didn't use the hidden
> fields and instead set the form values for mv_todo and mv_nextpage in the
> mv_click routine.  I tried to set mv_doit, mv_todo, and mv_nextpage in both
> mv_click and mv_check with no success.  I was using this method:
>
> [set clickorcheck]
>     mv_nextpage=index
>     mv_todo=return
> [/set]
>
>     When executing the page, this yields the "sorry the page () was not
> found" error.  If I set them both in a hidden field then the page generates
> the response I expect, which is to load the index page.

I don't know where you are going wrong in your mv_click and mv_check
things, but we do this all the time in the catalog and in the UI.

One thing, though -- if you are not giving a process action your
mv_click will never be executed, i.e.

	[page href=foo form="mv_click=bar"]Run me (NOT!)</a>

will not run mv_click.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

I don't want to get to the end of my life and find I have just
lived the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as
well. -- Diane Ackerman