[ic] Cascade or other problem in routes setup?

paul jordan interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Nov 19 20:05:01 2002

> Can anyone tell me what is the right entry for custom defined route in
> catalog.cfg?
>
> I have table in products.txt called mv_order_route (and I
> associated some
> products with route sano or dent - put this in mv_order_route
> field)...
> And I have put this in catalog.cfg:
>
> # Default route is run if no routes set, this should be last Route
> # always
> #Route   default   master          1
> #Route   default   cascade         "log main copy_user"
> #Route   default   empty           1
> #Route   default   supplant        1
> #Route   default   email           '__ORDERS_TO__'
>
> AutoModifier mv_order_route
>
> Route  sano  email           sano@visitingworld.com
> Route  sano  reply           sano@visitingworld.com
> Route  sano  encrypt         0
>
> Route  dent  email           dent@visitingworld.com
> Route  dent  reply           dent@visitingworld.com
> Route  dent  encrypt         0
>
> Since that I do not get any mail... should I not put # before
> default route?
> I thing the problem is in "cascade" - that determens what
> emails are being
> sent or what?
>
> Is there anything else I need to setup at each route? or
> anything else in IC
> for order routing?

I don't believe you have commented out the default route correctly. You
will need a space after the #   .....or put two of them ##
# Route   default   email.........
##Route   default   email.........

If you still need help, you will have to display your entire order
route, not just snippets of sano and dent.

Is all you want this to do is email two people? nothing else... no
logging? no database entry? If so, you are are almost there. Look at the
'main' route for an example. The docs on order routes are more than
enough to accomplish this

http://www.icdevgroup.org/cgi-bin/ic/docfly.html?mv_arg=icdatabase10%2e0
3

Here is my (now old) howto on multipage checkouts, which... at the
bottom has stuff about order routes. It also touches on setting this in
profiles.order, which is another way to go. However Mikes suggestion a
few weeks ago will suit you better, but if you read my HowTo, esp near
the bottom, you will understand how it all works....

If anybody else reads this again, yes yes, I know there nudgadiks here
and there, but since I wrote this(as a semi newbie), my checkout has
evolved, and is pretty efficient now.

HTH Saso
Paul